Saturday 29 October 2011

Paris















Camwhoring....
Went to Paris and Belgium this half term here are some pictures of Paris! (Since it's more exciting than Belgium). I was there for only one night as it was short notice. We stayed in this lovely hotel right near the Louvre on Ru Rivoli. The first thing we did was go to a little café (picture 2) next to La Louvre and then went around it (picture 1, 3, 4, 5, 6). Then walked and walked for miles to a not so famous yet oh so lovely street La Mairie (pictures 7- 12). It had amazing shops and some great little vintage shops which we spent hours in! I think we spent almost two hours in Zara, Etam and Sephora alone ! Just strolling through Paris is satisfying itself. With the sun almost setting we quickly got our selves a taxi to the hotel. We then got ready to go out for supper with my sister and her friends at Momart. I think that is probably my favourite place in Paris. It was at night and just over looking Paris was breath taking. I don't know how to explain how beautiful it is, especially at night with all the lights. I love how all the buildings are not sky rise and all old fashioned- even the new buildings are made to look old ! Walking back from Momart we went past Le Sacre Coeur- such a beautiful church it's so amazing! I have to say- the architecture in Paris wins me. The next day only having about five hours (it goes by so quickly!) before we had to leave- we decided to visit the Eiffel Tower and Galeries Lafayette. We weren't planning to go up the Eiffel Tower as we don't want to look like tourists (;) ), so we just took pictures of it. We took a taxi (which, in Paris are so disappointing) to Galeries Lafayette. The ceiling is just oh my god.......wow. Overwhelming. We spent too long in there my feet were killing me. I didn't get anything but my sister got these brilliant boots and bag ! Went to a few French Cafés here and there during our stay. After that we visited a souvenir shop (You just have to !) and headed back to the hotel.  We didn't go to all the places I would have liked to. Definitely going back!



1 comment: